- Jeff Lemire will be drawing Jonah Hex #69? Huh, it actually kind of makes sense if you ponder it for a bit.
- Okay, I think I get this. There will be a new Captain America title with a #1 issue, and the current Captain America comic will be re-titled Captain America and Bucky, take place in the past, and will also have Ed Brubaker as the writer (with Marc Andreyko collaborating). Wouldn't it make more sense to do this the other way around and make the new book the one in the past and the present-tense book the regular-numbered series? I'm just saying, it's odd.
- Remind me--a gamer--to not live in Australia.
- There is a new Marvel teaser that is just an image and the word, "Vengeance" along with an anoymous source saying it is X-Men related. Hm.
- DC comics had a comics imprint called Minx they marketed to teenage girls. It didn't work out and the line was killed, with some of the lines being picked up as just general DC comics and now some of the stories apparently are being picked up by Image. I didn't read any Minx books other than Brian Wood's one but its always good for creators to get work, and I heard almost all the books were pretty good.
- Paul Ryan is an idiot, for thinking he can propose an overhaul to Medicare and Medicaid for the purpose of cutting a bunch of stuff form our budget just so he can give more tax breaks to big corporations.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
I Know I've Posted A Lot Of News Lately, But A Lot Has Happened, So Here's More!
Yet more interesting things have happened in our beloved comics and planet.