Time for some big news resulting from Comic-Con or which happens to sync up with it. The top story in my opinion is shocking news about long-delayed Marvel comic, The Twelve. What is that news, click the cut for that and more!
- Issue #9 of The Twelve is actually shipping in February of 2012? Dear God, the impossible has occured!
- Lois Lane has a new man. Eh, I never really cared too much about the whole Superman-being-married thing.
- Flashpoint had a big panel. Click here if you just want the main points, and here for a longer description.
- Marvel will be releasing Spider-Man and X-Men comics on the same day digitally as in stores. Ooooo, what a big deal, except for the fact that DC is doing that with all their main Universe books so this looks like Marvel is just sticking a toe in the water like a wimp whilst DC does a cannonball into the pool.
- There was a panel for DC's Vertigo books. It is worth noting these aren't day-and-date digital like all the other DC books. Could it be the mature material upsets Apple's strict rules and most people get comics on iPads so DC doesn't want to anger them? That's one theory I heard. Another is DC doesn't want to totally piss of retailers.
- There was a big panel about the "Big 52" comics DC is releasing. No one seemed to ask what the hell they were thinking doing another Batman book with David Finch on art and claiming it would be monthly.
- Ah, that answers my above question--at the Batman panel Finch himself admitted he sucked at monthly deadlines but is trying hard to do things right this time. I wonder how long that will last.
- YESSSS! Thunder Agents isn't dead! There will be at least a six-issue series with original writer Nick Spencer starting in November. I had heard October, but then saw nothing in solicits for it and worried.
- There will be "Avenger's Origins" books. I am only interested in the Luke Cage one.
There ya go, all the things I felt were worth noting.