10 years ago on this very day, I launched my blog. If you don't believe it has been that long, click this link to my original short post. Whether you've been reading my blog from the start, joined some years ago, or just started recently, I thank you and I appreciate you. Even if I changed the design a smidgen now a lot has stayed the same--although I'd argue my writing has gotten better just from the sheer amount of it over this decade. My focus at the start was to share my opinions on popular culture with a slight focus on comics, and so it has been since then. It is wild that some sites I linked to years ago don't even exist anymore and other sites that didn't even exist yet are now quite popular. The whole time I've been here, plugging away and growing to a surprisingly solid readership.
I want to celebrate my blog turning 10. Therefore, I have a comic I am going to give away to you--my beloved readers--for free! It is a copy of, "Spider-Man Unlimited," #1 which has been graded as a 9.6 by CGC and is notable as the first appearance of the symbiote known as Shriek. I actually won this comic in a contest that was run by my good friends at Comics Heating Up. I won it a year or two ago, sent it to get graded, and now am going to give it to someone--so it is kind of a giveaway from both them and myself! They are helping to promote my free contest on their awesome website too, which I would recommend you read regularly if you don't already. Now then, as for the rules...
1. Between now and when it has been a full week from this post--December 8th at 11:00 AM you can comment on this post with your name/preferred nickname, etc. That's all you have to do!
2. You can only comment/enter the giveaway once. Anyone who does it multiple times be disqualified from winning.
3. I will use a randomizer website where I will enter everyone's name and then, "Run," the program so it randomly selects a winner. I can record this too if folk would like.
4. The winner will be announced on December 9th in a post and have 48 hours from that time to email me and claim their prize--it will be shipped to them for free if they live in America. If the winner lives outside the United States they will be asked to help cover some of the shipping.
5. If the winner doesn't respond within 48 hours then the randomizer will be run again with a new winner being selected who will then have 48 hours themselves to reach out to me.
That's it! Go ahead and comment if you'd like to be entered to win!
UPDATE: Entries are closed and a winner will be announced in a post!